The Adoption visa (subclass 102) lets a child come to Australia to live with their adoptive parent. The child can already be adopted or be in the process of being adopted. The adoptive parent sponsors the child for this visa and usually applies on their behalf.
An adoptive parent must be:
- an Australian citizen
- the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
- an eligible New Zealand citizen.
An adoptive parent will usually lodge the application for this visa on behalf of the child.
To be able to get the visa, the child must:
- be younger than 18 years of age
- be living outside Australia
- be either already adopted or in the process of being adopted by their sponsor
- meet health and character requirements
- if the child is under 18 years of age at the time of application, but will turn 18 before the application is decided, they will not be eligible for this visa.
Take a 30 Second simple assessment to know if you qualify.