Aged Parent PR Visa (subclass 804)


This visa lets older parents live in Australia if their child is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.

There can be long waiting times of up to 30 years before this visa is approved.


You might be able to get an Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) if you:

  • have a child who is:
    • an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
    • lawfully resident in Australia for at least two years (a shorter period can be considered for Australian citizens if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances).
  • meet the age requirements
  • meet the balance-of-family test
  • meet health and character requirements
  • have a sponsor

[Source: DIPB]

It may be possible for you to qualify under different categories that you may not be aware of.

Once you click the button below, you will be able to provide us information to help you qualify or offer you more options, more accurately.


Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.