Student Guardian Visa

The Student Guardian visa (580) is a temporary visa for a person who needs to come to Australia to provide care and support for:

  • a student visa holder who is younger than 18 years of age
  • a student visa holder who is older than 18 years of age and who needs such care and support due to exceptional circumstances.

You can apply in or outside Australia by post or in person. You cannot apply online.

There can only be one Student Guardian visa holder at any given time in respect of a particular student visa holder (except in certain limited circumstances).


You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • are a parent or person who has legal custody of the nominating student visa holder, or a relative of the student visa holder who is nominated by the student's parent or guardian
  • are at least 21 years of age
  • are able to provide accommodation, general welfare and other support to the student visa holder
  • meet financial requirements
  • meet health, character and other requirements

[Source: DIPB]

Take a 30 Second simple assessment to know if you qualify.


Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.