Medical Treatment (602)

The Medical Treatment visa (602) is for people to have medical treatment or medical consultations in Australia. You cannot apply for this visa to have medical treatment for surrogate motherhood.

It is a temporary visa. You can apply for this visa when you are in or outside Australia.


You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • have a medical treatment plan or medical consultation in Australia
  • are going to donate an organ to someone
  • are coming with a patient or organ donor who is applying for this visa
  • are going to receive an organ from someone who travels to Australia with you
  • coming to Australia as a patient under the arrangements between the Western Province of Papua New Guinea and the Queensland Department of Health
  • are in Australia, and you are 50 years of age or older, and you have been refused a permanent visa on health grounds only.

To be granted this visa you must also

  • meet financial, health and character requirements
  • not have a medical condition that could be a threat to public health

[Source: DIPB]

Take a 30 Second simple assessment to know if you qualify.