Contributory Parent PR Visa (Subclass 143)


The Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) lets parents live permanently in Australia if they have a child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.

Most applicants need to be sponsored by their child. Your sponsor needs to have lived lawfully in Australia for the two years before the application is lodged.


  • hold a temporary Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173)
  • have a child who is:
    • an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or anĀ eligible New Zealand citizen
    • lawfully resident in Australia for about two years (a shorter period can be considered for Australian citizens if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances)
  • meet the balance-of-family test
  • have an accepted assurance of support
  • meet health and character requirements

[Source: DIPB]

It may be possible for you to qualify under different categories that you may not be aware of.

Once you click the button below, you will be able to provide us information to help you qualify or offer you more options, more accurately.


Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.