Employer Nomination (186)
WHAT IT LETS YOU DO
The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa programme.
The visa has three streams:
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream
- The Direct Entry stream
- The Agreement stream
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- have been nominated by an approved Australian employer within the six months before you apply
- are under the age of 50 at the time of application, unless you are exempt
- have the required skills and qualifications for the position (at time of application lodgement you must have the required skills and qualifications for the position you have been nominated for – you must hold any mandatory registration, license or professional membership, or you must already be fully assessed as suitable by the relevant body)
- have the required skills and qualifications for the position
- have appropriate English language skills (at the time of application lodgement), unless you are exempt
- meet health and character requirements
- meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply for the visa
It may be possible for you to qualify under different categories that you may not be aware of.
Once you click the button below, you will be able to provide us information to help you qualify or offer you more options, more accurately.