Regional Sponsored PR Visa (Subclass 187)
WHAT IT LETS YOU DO
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187) is for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia. This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa program.
The visa is a permanent resident visa. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
The visa has three streams:
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream
- The Direct Entry stream
- The Agreement stream
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- have been nominated by an approved Australian employer in regional Australia (outside of the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and Melbourne) within six months before you apply
- are under the age of 50 at time of application lodgement, unless you are exempt
- at time of application lodgement, have the required skills and qualifications for the position you have been nominated for – you must hold any mandatory registration, license or professional membership, or you must already be fully assessed as suitable by the relevant body
- at time of application lodgement, have appropriate English language skills for Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream and Direct Entry (DE) stream unless you are exempt
- meet health and character requirements
- meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply
It may be possible for you to qualify under different categories that you may not be aware of.
Once you click the button below, you will be able to provide us information to help you qualify or offer you more options, more accurately.